In monsoon the river shingoda, where it is situated is in full spate all waterfalls total 7 0f them are activated and flow in full force offering a mesmeric sight just from the lobby of the retreat. Here misty clouds, flowing water and the land, all merge together. Post monsoon the entire dry deciduous Gir jungle is awash with shades of green bursting with life.
The winters are cold and pleasant throughout the day filled with migration of birds, roaring of lions and alarm calls of the cheetals at night. In January the habitat is awash with blooms of the Kesuda (Flame of Forest) birds and bees flock to the blooms for nectar.
Summer is a good time also as the habitat is mostly dry so Wildlife can be photographed and seen easily, and at Jamjir the temperatures are cooler than elsewhere and the riverine jungle remains green, the evening sea breeze and flowing water and well watered croplands and mango orchards reduce the heat and mid days can be spent in flowing clean river water – That is why Jamjir is referred to as the Great Summer Escape by dwellers of nearby towns. Icing on the cake being the ripe organic kesar mangoes.
Check in :- 10:00 am
Check out :- 10:00 am
- Only meal during visit or passing by to Diu or Sasan or Somnath – at the retreat with use of room. Bookings in advance on given phone numbers.
Veg Meal – Rs 300,
Non Veg Rs 400
- Jungle drives to Sanctuary area available entry 7.30 A.M onwards from Jamwalla To Kankai and Banej ( extra charges as per vehicle) – 3500/- (seating capacity – 4 persons)
- Siddi Dhamal Dance (Special performance with fire dance) – Rs.5500/-
- Extra bed – 1500/- (with meals), 700 – (without meals)
- Room charges (without meals) – 1800/- (on twin sharing basis)
All visitors can have access to our Bio Diversity Collection of Books on Flora, Wildlife, Butterflies, Birds, Insects, Reptiles and other books on Wildlife and Biodiversity.
Interested participants can interact with local habitants and hear their stories related to various incident and happenings in wilderness – it is a different world here altogether.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Children above 5 years old will be charged extra.
- 20% payment has to be done in advance at the time of booking. In case of cancellation made within 14 days, no refund.
- All guests are requested to carry with them the required document during their travel (driving liscence/passport/aadhar card/election card)
- Cash/online direct transfer is accepted as the mode of payment.
- Guest cannot bring alcohol into the homestay without proper liquor permit issued by concerned government department.
- Guests have to follow forest department rules and regulations.
- Loud music, littering and speeding is not allowed.